Great customer service is an important aspect to having a successful business. Whether you are selling a product, service or experience, how your employees treat with your customers ultimately decides if they will come back to your business again.
Here are six tips to help deliver great customer service.
1) Self control - One must understand that your personal life should always be separated from your work life. We all experience situations that may anger or irritate us, but it is important to not take it out on the customer. You become the face of the company when you are dealing with a customer so treat them how you would expect to be treated if you were a customer at another business.
2) Adaptability - Every customer is different! Your tone of voice may be interpreted differently for each customer you serve so be aware of how you treat with them. Understanding their mood and personality is an important first step.
3) Patience - Customers can approach you with many different attitudes. Some may be friendly, angry, irritated or simply nonchalant, however you must have the patience to deal with all their moods. Understanding that the customer is always right can help you achieve this goal.
4) Undivided attention - When a customer approaches you, your attention should now belong to them. You should not answer your personal cell phone, walk away, turn to laugh with a friend or anything that can make them feel like they are not being taken seriously. Its your job to help the customers, so making them feel unimportant is a bad first impression.
5) Be knowledgeable - Always have information on what customers can possibly ask. Questions such as "What's the price of this?" "How does this work?" "What are your payment options" etc should always be readily answered. Your answer should not be "I don't know" unless you intend to immediately follow with " let me find out for you". This would give the effect of professionalism and consideration.
6) Always wear a smile - Always make your customers feel welcomed. WITHOUT THEM, YOUR BUSINESS WOULD NOT BE SUCCESSFUL. They are doing you a favour because they can get exactly what you are offering from someone else.
Fit For Purpose Business Solutions Limited can provide you and your employees with great Customer Service Training. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-7775 for more information.